Where are you located?
- The studio is located in Houston. To be specific within the Garden Oaks neighborhood, just north of the Heights. Zip code 77018. Once your session is booked I will send you the exact address. Not in Houston? No problem, I love to travel!
How many outfits can I wear? What do I wear?!
- During the photo shoot we will have time for 3 – 4 outfits! I suggest you plan to wear what you feel sexy in! Try it on, plan ahead. Make sure it fits well and isn’t cutting in. Think about variety – bra/panty set, silk slip, fun t-shirt, sheer top with lacey panties, floral robe with nothing underneath, or nude! Artistic nude photos end up always being the favorites! We can count “nude” as one look. Don’t stress over outfits…I can do a lot with just a white sheet!
I’ve never done this before, I’m not sure if this is for me? I’m so nervous!
- 95% of my clients have never done a boudoir shoot before either, so you are not alone! This is one time when I can pretty much guarantee you that pushing yourself outside your comfort zone will pay off! Nerves are totally normal! I promise they will melt away soon. One thing that I believe helps is that you will have your hair and makeup done at the studio, so during this time we get to sit and chat and get to know each other. By the end of those 2 hours you will be hyped and ready to get started. The atmosphere during the shoot is very laid back and fun. I will show you all of the poses and coach you throughout the whole process. I promise to never say “make a sexy face” …haha what does that even mean!? With all of these things combined you will be able to sit back and just enjoy the process! Check out my testimonials page to hear from other women who have loved it.
Where will the photo shoot take place?
- As of 2016 Lighthouse Boudoir is officially shooting in our very own home studio! I’ve gone from renting a studio to now owning, yay! Within my home I have a dedicated studio space. No longer will you need to rent a hotel room or deal with confusing downtown parking. Click here to view my super casual and quick studio tour.
I’m looking for an all female staff boudoir photograph, is that you?
- Lighthouse Boudoir is in fact an ALL female staff. As a photographer and woman I know it takes a lot for you to allow yourself to be vulnerable in front of a camera. Your confidence and comfort are my #1 priority! My hair and make-up artists are all female and we will be the only one present during the shoot. I am the only one
Is Hair & Make-up Included?
- YES! Depending on which Session Fee package you choose. Option 1 includes makeup only and is $300. Option 2 includes both make-up & hair for $370. I work with an AMAZING professional artist and am fully confident that you will love your look. False eyelashes are included. Once your makeover is complete you will be confident and ready for your shoot! She knows exactly what kind of make-up to use for photo shoots and will come to our location! We want to make the experience stress free for you.
Do you shoot nudes?
- Yes. There are several levels of “undress” and we will discuss upfront what you are comfortable with. Depending on your comfort level you can wear lingerie the entire time or go topless at times and yes even nude. Implied nude is also an option. This is where you would be nude but we cover any areas you do not wish to expose with a sheet. When shooting topless or nude I keep it very tasteful and artistic. I like to approach nude photography more like old oil paintings you see in a museum, it’s not harsh or graphic but elegant and natural.
- Your privacy is held in the highest regard as I believe that the portraits we create are private by their very nature. Please be assured that I will not publish the images captured at your session for marketing or purposes of self-promotion without your written permission. Without consent, your images will only been seen by those necessary to produce your ordered products. Client-Photographer Confidentiality Agreements are available.
What should I wear?
- For most sessions I suggest 3-4 looks/outfits. A variety of lingerie is always a great option. Something unexpected like a comfy cardigan or trench coat can add fun details. Need an excuse to splurge on that extravagant bathing suit?! Buy it and bring it along for some sexy beach shots. Lastly, there is always the white sheet option. We can create the illusion of you being nude wrapped up in a sheet or you can go fully nude – whatever you are comfortable with! Brides – bring along your veil and garter! Check out my blog and Pinterest page for inspiration.
Can I bring a friend to the photo shoot?
- Please contact me beforehand to get any visitors approved. I will generally welcome female visitors, but let the guys stay at home. This is truly a fun girls day, and we all know the boys tend to change the dynamic of things. I want this day to be all about YOU!
What do I need to reserve a date?
- To book your photo session you will need to pay the session fee, which also serves as the retainer. The non-refundable retainer of $200 otherwise known as the session fee is due when you book your session date. This guarantees the time and date allotted for you. Should payment not be received in this time, Lighthouse Boudoir reserves the right to offer the date and time to another client. We do allow rescheduling, but please let me know at least 5 days before your session or you risk forfeiting the retainer fee.
Is there a minimum amount I must spend?
- Yes and no. I won’t force you to purchase anything you don’t want to. With that said, my products start at $350. More details about my products can be found by clicking here. The majority of my clients budget to spend between $600-800 and I am happy to offer payment plans!
Do you offer payment plans?
- Yes I offer payment plans on product ordering. I can split up your total into 2 or 3 payments. Keep in mind that I cannot place any orders until everything is paid in full.
How do I pay?
- Check and cash are preferred but I can also accept debit and credit cards. Generally I send an electronic invoice via email for your session fee. The products will be purchased later on and I can swipe your card as well as accept cash and/or a check.
How long will it take to see my photos?
- Generally 1 week.
How do I receive the photos?
- After your session we will book your reveal appointment. We provide in person viewings as a courtesy to our clients to help with the image and product selection. I like to call it the Reveal Meeting. Orders must be made at this time. I will also bring samples of albums and other products so that you can see exactly what you will receive. Full payment is due before any products will be ordered.
I need to reschedule, what do I do?
- If you are feeling ill, please call to reschedule. If you must cancel, please do so at least 5 days before your session. The fee can be credited towards a future session if you reschedule the appointment by calling 5 days prior to the date of session and re-booking at an agreeable date and time.
Ok my session is over and it was a blast, how do I tell the world?
- Sharing is caring! Future clients look to your reviews to get an idea about what to except, so every review is valuable! Please check out Google+, Yelp and Facebook if you feel inclined to leave a review about your experience. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the review to be featured on my website!
Copyright Information (or things my lawyer makes me say):
- All images copyrighted by photographer, Sontera Mader. It is illegal and unlawful to scan, copy, or reproduce Sontera Mader’s work in any manner or medium. As an artist, Sontera Mader wishes to have complete control over the final look of her images, and scanning images or changing the digital files could damage her reputation as a photographer by distorting and devaluing the image quality.